SWOT Analysis (1-2 pages in length): Each student will perform a “Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats” (SWOT) analysis that is relevant to their Comprehensive Community Assessment (CCA). Your SWOT analysis should be based on the data collected and analysis of your Comprehensive Community Assessment project.
More information can be found by clicking this linkLinks to an external site. about a SWOT AnalysisLinks to an external site.. Length: 1-2 pages; the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats can be listed as bullet points, or in a table as depicted in the example in the link to the Community Tool Box.
As you perform your SWOT, consider the following relevant to your health indicator and county or country:
- Examine what is already in place, what is being done
- Existing resources / programs / public policies
- Supportive factors such as access, affordability, etc.
- Protective services
- Gaps both in care options and access to care options
- Risk Factors
- Public Policy
- Education and training
- Sensitivity of topic
- Political considerations/factors
- Economic considerations/factors