Task: Develop a change management strategy
Task: Fast Track Couriers Pty Ltd
It is the end of the 2011 financial year. You are an external change management consultant employed by Fast Track Couriers. You have been asked by the General Manager to develop a change management strategy and present the strategy to management for approval.
Management has identified the following high-priority change requirements:
- Goal A: Implement PDA/ GPS usage (productivity function) on truck fleet in the first quarter of the 2012 financial year.
- Goal B: Implement one person/truck policy using automatic lift gates in the first quarter of the 2012 financial year.
Achievement of these goals should increase net profit in the next financial year by $200,000 due to increased efficiencies and increased business.
Goal A is essential to the business to ensure (in priority order):
1. Most efficient use of resources to cover market needs. Management will look at more than the raw hours spent on job and consider all factors such as job difficulty, traffic conditions in order to optimise fleet usage.
2. Job performance measurement for training needs.
3. Recognition of outstanding performance (bonuses for exceeding targets; advancement/ leadership opportunities).
Goal B is essential to the business to ensure:
- Most efficient use of resources to cover market needs.
- Reduced need to hire external truckers; use present employees as much as possible.
- Reduced possibility of lifting injury.
The change management strategy, once approved by the General Manager, should be implemented immediately.