DEVELOP AND USE EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE
Task 1 – Theory: Short Answer Questions
Task 1 requires the Learner to demonstrate their knowledge of typical activities experienced in the management and leadership field of work. To enable you to do this, answer the following questions on your own paper placing your name and group identifier at the top and the question number beside your answer.
a. Explain emotional intelligence principles and strategies.
b. Describe the relationship between emotionally effective people and the attainment of business objectives.
c. Explain how you communicate to a diverse workforce which has varying cultural expressions of emotion.
d. Explain the use of emotional intelligence in the context of building workplace relationships.
Task 2 – Project: Identifying Personal Behaviours
- Identify the impact of your own emotions on others by identifying your own emotional strengths, weaknesses, stressors, emotional states and triggers and gathering feedback from others.
- Recognise and respond to the emotional states of others and promote the development of emotional intelligence in others.
To achieve this, you must keep a journal which is a daily record of where you showed emotional strength, weakness, how you felt and triggers that evoked an emotional response in you.
- You must describe at least 5 experiences each day taken from your work and personal life.
- Your journal must be kept for a minimum of 30 days.
- For each experience you must describe:
- Physical Location (where you were)
- Description of Situation (what happened)
- Type – Strength / Weakness (whether you showed strength or weakness in this situation)
- Trigger (What happened that set you off)
- Your response
- Your emotional state (How you felt during the situation)
- Any feedback that you received.
- You may chart this information or diarise it as you prefer.