1. Purpose: To document and evaluate teaching skills necessary to provide teaching to an individual client with a demonstrated need. With the completion of this assignment the student will be able to achieve the following objectives.
- Demonstrate ability to thoroughly assess the learning styles of an individual or family using given developmental or cultural models.
- Demonstrate ability to anticipate learning needs based on developmental or cultural assessments.
- Identify and utilize teaching/learning principles to facilitate achievement of learning goals and outcomes.
- Select and prioritize learning strategies based on the developmental or cultural assessment to achieve learning goals and outcomes.
- Support rationales for teaching plan using teaching and learning theories from required readings with references
2. Nursing Competencies:
- Assessing and identifying developmental, cultural, and socioeconomic factors affecting a client.
- Providing evidence-based health information and teaching based on developmental, cultural, and socioeconomic factors affecting a client or family
- Integrating teaching/learning activities into client interactions based on developmental, cultural, and socioeconomic factors affecting a client or family.
- Incorporating health promotion and teaching into the plan of care based on developmental, cultural, and socioeconomic factors affecting a family or client.
3. Plan: submitted to the clinical instructor during the teaching experience. Your clinical instructor must approve the topic.
- Develop nursing diagnosis (NANDA)
- Develop two (2) learning objectives
- State methodology (teaching methods)
- Provide and utilize teaching aids
- State needed resources
4. This write-up should be 2 pages to follow the Teaching Experience Rubric.
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.