Hello , I need 6 slide of PPT taking into account the rubrics, and the indications for the work that the teacher put and that I explain to you lower, it is a group work and what I have to do with the work are the points that you see marked in yellow, it’s only 6 slides the rest are done by other colleagues, I put the interview that another colleague did to make adjustments to that information and also attached the PTT template. Thank you
The RN to BSN program at University meets the requirements for clinical competencies as defined by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN), using nontraditional experiences for practicing nurses. These experiences come in the form of direct and indirect care experiences in which licensed nursing students engage in learning within the context of their hospital organization, specific care discipline, and local communities. This assignment consists of both an interview and a PowerPoint (PPT) presentation.
Within your group, create a PowerPoint presentation of 15-20 slides (slide count does not include title and reference slide) describing the chosen community interest.
Include the following in your presentation:
1. Description of community and community boundaries: the people and the geographic, geopolitical, financial, educational level, ethnic, and phenomenological features of the community as well as types of social interactions, common goals and interests, barriers, and challenges, including any identified social determinates of health.
2. Summary of community assessment: (a) funding sources and (b) partnerships.
3. Summary of interview with community health/public health provider.
4. Identification of an issue that is lacking or an opportunity for health promotion. The issue identified can be used for the Community Teaching Plan: Community Teaching Work Plan Proposal assignment.
5. A conclusion summarizing your key findings and a discussion of your impressions of the general health of the community.
Title slide and overview of community and boundaries (Slides 1 and 2)
Ethnicity statistics for the community (Slide 3)
Community financial information (Slide 4)
Partnerships (Slide 5)
Phenomenologic features (Slide 6)
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
1. Description of community is complete. Boundaries are described in great detail, distinguishing environmental boundaries, environmental relationships, and external systems that comprise the open, community system.
2. Discussion of Functional Health Patterns is clear, complete, and comprehensive, with indications for actual, at-risk and potential diagnoses as well as recommendations for surveillance and preventive measures.
3. Identification of an issue that is lacking or an opportunity for health promotion is effectively included
4. The layout is visually pleasing and contributes to the overall message with appropriate use of headings, subheadings, and white space. Text is appropriate in length for the target audience and to the point. The background and colors enhance the readability of the text.
5. Writer is clearly in control of standard, written academic English.
When submitting this assignment, include the interview questions, the interview findings, completed “Provider Interview Acknowledgement Form,” and the community assessment PPT presentation.
Attached you will find the interview that I did on Friday with a mental health nurse practitioner, Laura Hatfield, MSN, PMHNP-BC, APRN.
1. What is your title and your main role as a mental health nurse practitioner?
My official title is Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner – Board Certified. I see my own panel of mental health patients in the behavioral health clinic in which I work.
2. What is the name and type of facility you work in?
Southwest Behavioral Health & Services. We are an outpatient clinic and as the name implies, our primary services involve behavioral health.
3. What types of mental health issues do you manage?
Depression, bipolar, a lot of PTSD, substance abuse, ADHD (adult only), and anxiety.
4. How long have you worked in this role?
5. What is the ethnic and socioeconomic make-up of your clientele?
More than 50% of our population is Hispanic. After that we see a lot of Caucasian and African American patients; we rarely have Asian patients. The vast majority of our clientele is low on the socioeconomic scale and most are getting some type of government assistance.
6. What are the biggest challenges you face in providing support to the mental health community?
The biggest challenge I face is not having enough time to see all of the patients who need to be seen. Also challenging is trying to get patients to follow up and come back to the clinic for ongoing care. They often come and get medication but then never come back. And a third challenge is the number of no-show/no-call patients. The only upside to that is that I can fit in patients who just show up without appointments and sit in the waiting room all day, hoping that an opening will open up.
7. What are the biggest successes you have experienced?
Watching bipolar and/or schizophrenic patients get better and become more functional and start working again. Also, stopping the abuse and sale of controlled substances.
8. What services does your clinic offer?
All of our patients have an intake assessment with a medical social worker (MSW); she directs them to the right provider for their needs. We offer assessments, therapy (with master’s prepared clinicians), and medication management. We have a children’s team who is able to perform in-home and in-school assessments. Our company has some residential facilities and some methadone clinics as well.
9. What are the most common health disparities that you see among your clientele?
Poverty, substance abuse, child neglect, lack of technology, poor hygiene, no running water. But mostly what we see is a LOT of trauma and a LOT of homelessness. (I asked Laura to elaborate on “lack of technology”.) Most of our patients do not have cell phones or access to computer or technology. As a result, they can’t keep track of their appointments. Some of them will just show up at the clinic every few days and ask, “Is it time for my appointment?” Many of them walk over 5 miles to be seen because they either don’t have access to public transportation, or their anxiety simply will not allow them get on a crowded bus.
10. What other health issues does this community face?
We see a lot of diabetes and hypertension in patients. We also see a lot of unintentional overdoses, some of which result in death.
11. What made you decide to go into the field of mental health?
I wanted every day to be a different and challenging, which I wasn’t experiencing in a hospital. In this setting, I never know what is going to walk through the door. Every day is a challenge.
12. Do you feel there is adequate support in the community?
I do feel that there is adequate support but I don’t feel patients utilize available resources enough.
13. What is your level of education?
Master of Science in Nursing
14. How does your work improve the health of your community?
Mainly through education. We provide lots and lots of education, which helps our patients, which in turn helps the community at large.
15. What role does teaching play in your practice?
It’s huge. It’s probably what I spend the most time engaged in.
16. Does your facility have adequate funding for the services they provide?
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.