Start working on your Database and Presentation outlined above with delivery in Week Four. Begin by analyzing the requirements provided. Identify the tables, fields, field attributes, and table relationships required.
Build a 1-page Entity Relationship Diagram that models the required tables and relationships using Microsoft® Visio®, Lucidchart, or another software tool of your choice. The table design and relationships must support the following functionality:
- Customers – Each customer is assigned a unique customer number but may have multiple locations to ship to. The sales team needs to be able to select the customer and the location for preparing sales orders.
- Inventory Table – The sales team will want to query the inventory to find diamonds that meet the following specifications of their customers:
- Cost – what SD has paid for the stone
- Price – what SD will sell the stone for
- Carat – weight
- Clarity – clarity scale for diamonds offered are IF, VVS1, VVS2, VS1, VS2*
- Cut – cut scale for diamonds offered are Excellent, Very Good, Good
- Color – color scale for diamond offered are D, E, F, G, H, I, J*
- Order Table – The sales team will want to prepare a sales order for existing customers and sell only diamonds that are in inventory. The DBMS must be designed such that customers can purchase multiple stones on one sales order.
*Diamond Scale Reference*
- IF- Internally Flawless
- VVS1 – Very, very slightly included (pavilion)
- VVS2 – Very, very slightly included (crown)
- VS1 – Very slightly included (under 10X magnification)
- VS2 – Very slightly included (to the naked eye)
- D, E, F – Colorless – color between D, E, and F diamonds can be detected only by a gemologist in side by side comparisons, and rarely by the untrained eye
- G, H, I, J, K – Near Colorless – diamonds color rated by a gemologist
Write a 175- to 350-word Status Update for your Learning Team using Microsoft® Word describing the work you have completed this week. The Status Update is a simple Microsoft® Word document that lets the instructor know what the team has accomplished during the week.