Terrorism is aimed toward civilian targets and guerrilla warfare’s prime concentration is military-type objectives. In this assignment, you will examine the difference between terrorism and guerrilla warfare from a historical standpoint.
- Searching the Internet, research the 1996 terrorist attack against the Khobar Towers in Saudi Arabia.
- In 5–7 paragraphs, address the following:
- Briefly summarize the attack and aftermath of the Khobar Towers bombing.
- Do you think that this attack should be considered a terrorist attack or an example of guerrilla warfare? Why?
- In your opinion, how do you think this attack impacted the United States’ government? Explain.
- How do you think it impacted the general population of the United States? Explain.